Friday, November 12, 2010

Ode to Rachael Ray

Lets Talk Rachael Ray
I have a confession, I love Rachael Ray! Like really- really- really love her. While I was off work on medical leave earlier this year, I began watching the Food Network on a daily basis, I was hooked… it became all I watched night and day. While I’ve always loved to cook, I was most fascinated with the idea of 30 Minute meals for my family. I was instantly hooked on several shows but my absolute favorite personality on the Food Network is Rachael Ray. There is this relaxed and fun attitude about her and I was really excited to try a few of her recipes out and loved how easy they were to make. And so the need for new cookware began… I quickly put in my not so subtle request for new pots and pans for Mother’s Day, and not just ANY pots and pans – oh no!!! I wanted the Rachael Ray Hard Anodized pots with the orange handles.


I was hinting hard to my loving husband, and just when I thought he had all but ignored my requests, and even the print out from the computer of where he could get them, he surprised me for Mother’s Day! I was so excited,  not only were they well made, heavy, non-stick – all the things the reviews said about them… they made my food look pretty (or maybe that was my imagination). I raved about the pots and pans so much that my cousin in Louisiana even became a fan and got the same pots and pans I have. From there, I purchased  this stoneware set ,   

                                                 

Then I couldn't pass these by either  (in orange... of course) sautee skillets, 12” skillets, oval sautee pans. . . you name it!


 
I have so many Rachael Ray products now, my beloved cousins (and they know who they are) tease me and call me Rachael Ray, B.Smith, Paula Deen, Betty Crocker… It’s all in fun so I don’t mind, but I do love Rachael Ray, I record all of her shows and always try out recipes from her magazines and cookbooks. This section “Ode to Rachael Ray” will be all of the wonderful recipes that I have decided to give a try since Rachael decided to share them with me (again, maybe my imagination), I will share them with you. Here’s to you Rachael, and here’s to good food!

Oh how I love my cousin "T" (the mutual Rachael Ray lover) - Who contacted me this morning to tell me that overstock.com had our beloved Rachael Ray products on sale... And not just any products, our sought after 8qt. Pasta Pot. . .
Hard Anodized and ORANGE!!!  

Whoooooooo Hoooooooo! I am soo excited, I can't wait!!!!
We both ordered our pots - I already know what my first meal in the pots will be!!!


Stay tuned for more Rachael Ray recipes and updates when I get new items.

No comments:

Post a Comment